Sitryx Therapeutics Limited is an immunometabolism company focused on applying breaking science relating to the manipulation of metabolism and metabolic reprogramming to develop disease modifying therapeutics targeting:
- Immuno-oncology: limiting the growth of cancer cells by enhancing anti-cancer immune responses and/or regulating tumour metabolic activity
- Immuno-inflammation: switching immune cell activity from a pathogenic to a homeostatic state to treat inflammatory and autoimmune disorders
The Company is well funded through a $30 million Series A financing and a $60 million collaboration with Eli Lilly. It is therefore seeking to expand its research team so as to expedite its diverse, multi-project, portfolio of proprietary and partnered assets with a view to delivering groundbreaking medicines for inflammation and cancer.
Laboratory based scientist with responsibility for the development of robust biochemical and/or cellular assays to progress drug discovery projects. The successful candidate will bring an aptitude for quickly acquiring new skills to build assays to test hypotheses developed around drug discovery projects. The candidate will work as a member of a team developing new assays that are used in the validation and progression of small molecules against drug discovery targets.
- Responsible for developing in vitro assays for small molecule drug discovery.
- Performing experimental work to build data to understand structure activity relationships.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of innovative screening cascades.
- Work flexibly to focus on priority questions that will have most impact on moving pipeline projects forward.
- A graduate with several years relevant industrial experience.
- A proven track record of successful contribution to small molecule drug discovery in an industrial environment.
- Highly experienced in developing plate based recombinant enzyme assays.
- Experienced in cell culture and performing cell-based assays.
- Can-do attitude and team player with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with culturing human and mouse primary immune cells in vitro.
- Knowledge of laboratory automation.
- Knowledge of industry standard data capture and analysis tools.
- Experience of working collaboratively with external partners.
- Good understanding of laboratory HS&E regulations.
- Understanding of HTA requirements.
- Good interpersonal awareness.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly driven, takes initiative and responsibility for actions.
- Collaborative with effective communication skills, including active listening.
- Builds strong and effective relationships with internal and external teams.
- Actively seeks opportunities to contribute to work across the biology team
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver with good attention to detail.
- Demonstrates commitment to goals and a sense of urgency in fulfilling ambitious objectives.
- Ability to creatively apply a variety of scientific concepts to solve complex problems.
- Generates and can follow robust processes.
- Displays genuine respect for alternate views.
- Adapts communication style to context.
- Able to adjust plans/priorities as needed.
In return we offer
- a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including pension and health insurance.
- the opportunity to work with a fun, dynamic and intellectually stimulating team.
Sitryx is committed to building a diverse workforce and recognises that diverse and inclusive teams build a strong and innovative culture.
This is a predominantly a lab-based role working closely with an on-site team; with the potential for remote working in a flexible manner according to business needs.
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case-by-case basis according to business needs and resources.
Sitryx Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies.