Sitryx Therapeutics Limited is an immunometabolism company focused on applying breaking science relating to the manipulation of metabolism and metabolic reprogramming to develop disease-modifying therapeutics targeting:
Immuno-inflammation: switching immune cell activity from a pathogenic to a homeostatic state to treat inflammatory and autoimmune disorders
Immuno-oncology: limiting the growth of cancer cells by enhancing anti-cancer immune responses and/or recruiting tumour metabolic activity
Sitryx recently signed an exclusive 5-year global licensing and research collaboration with Eli Lilly and Company to develop disease-modifying therapeutics in immuno-inflammation. Sitryx received an upfront payment of $50 million and a $10 million equity investment in return for an exclusive, worldwide license to develop and commercialize up to four novel immunometabolism targeted therapeutics, including Sitryx’s two lead projects.
Immunometabolism is an emerging area of research with exciting opportunities for drug discovery. We are seeking talented individuals to contribute to the identification of new targets in this field for Sitryx. The successful candidate(s) will bring specific knowledge in a relevant scientific discipline, and an enthusiasm for the immunometabolism field.
The candidate will work as part of a team to identify, validate and develop new targets. These activities will involve collaborating with established external partners for target identification, as well as scouting for new target opportunities, and contributing to Sitryx’s target triage process.
- Utilizing knowledge to contribute to the identification and development of a number of novel immunometabolism targets.
- Performing experimental work for in-house target validation, including generating novel hypotheses and designing experiments to validate targets for modulation of immune cell function and metabolism.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of innovative screening cascades for immunometabolism projects.
- PhD in relevant discipline such as immunometabolism, or biochemistry/cellular metabolism, or immunology
- Research experience with a range of primary cell types, including primary cell culture, phenotyping and functional assays
- Hands-on experience with standard immunological techniques including immunoassays, reporter assays and flow cytometry
- Knowledge of plate-based metabolic assays, including those involving Seahorse technologies and assays for metabolite detection
- Solid understanding of metabolic pathways
- Ability to creatively apply a variety of scientific concepts to solve complex problems
- A can-do attitude and a team player with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with cell types of both innate and adaptive immune systems.
- Experience with culturing and analysis of human and mouse primary immune cells in vitro.
- Experience working in small molecule drug discovery.
- Knowledge of plate-based assays and laboratory automation.
- Knowledge of industry-standard data capture and analysis tools.
- Good understanding of laboratory HS&E regulations.
- Understanding of HTA requirements.
- Good interpersonal awareness.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly driven, takes initiative and responsibility for actions.
- Collaborative with effective communication skills, including active listening.
- Builds strong and effective relationships with internal and external teams.
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver with good attention to detail.
- Demonstrates commitment to goals and a sense of urgency in fulfilling ambitious objectives.
- Displays genuine respect for alternate views.
- Adapts communication style to context.
- Able to adjust plans/priorities as needed.
In Return we Offer
- Competitive salary package incl. pension and 25 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays.
- Opportunity to work with a fun, dynamic and rapidly growing team.
We consider all applications on merit and have a strong commitment to enhancing the diversity of our staff. To apply, please send us your cover letter and CV through the form available on the right. Applicants should be able to demonstrate their right to work in the UK.