Sitryx Therapeutics Limited is an immunometabolism company focused on applying breaking science relating to the manipulation of metabolism and metabolic reprogramming to develop disease modifying therapeutics targeting:
- Immuno-oncology: limiting the growth of cancer cells by enhancing anti-cancer immune responses and/or regulating tumour metabolic activity
- Immuno-inflammation: switching immune cell activity from a pathogenic to a homeostatic state to treat inflammatory and autoimmune disorders
The Company is well funded through a $30 million Series A financing and a $60 million collaboration with Eli Lilly. It is therefore seeking to expand its research team so as to expedite its diverse, multi-project, portfolio of proprietary and partnered assets with a view to delivering groundbreaking medicines for inflammation and cancer.
Working with the five existing members of the Chemistry Department and various UK and overseas Contract Research Organisations (CROs), the successful applicant will be responsible for driving medicinal chemistry projects and coordinating synthetic chemistry activities to ensure the delivery of high-quality small molecule development candidates within competitive timeframes, while safeguarding the Company’s intellectual property by advancing its patent estate.
- Manage remote teams of medicinal and synthetic chemists at CROs efficiently.
- Integrate project biology, DMPK, safety and toxicology data to enable successful hit-to-lead and lead optimisation campaigns through outstanding molecular design.
- Draft patent applications through collaboration with external patent attorneys and Contract Research Organisations.
- Work collaboratively within the Company’s project teams, with colleagues in biology and with external collaborators, such that objectives are met in a timely manner through the development of effective project plans.
- Communicate strategies effectively through presentations to different audiences.
- Prioritise work according to project goals and take responsibility for the timely delivery of objectives.
- Keep up to date with state-of-the-art technologies and knowledge of developments in medicinal chemistry and project-related areas of immunometabolism.
- Strong track record of delivery and at least 6 years’ experience in an industrial drug discovery environment.
- Inventorship on patent applications exemplifying biologically-important molecules.
- Managing remote teams of medicinal and synthetic chemists at Contract Research Organisations.
- Exceptional knowledge of synthetic and medicinal chemistries supplemented by a solid understanding of structure-based drug design and ADME optimisation in drug discovery.
- Experienced in many stages of the interdisciplinary drug discovery process from target selection and hit identification, through hit-to-lead and lead optimisation, to the delivery of development candidates.
- Proficient in assessing the patent landscape.
• Background in oncology and/or immunology
• Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific conferences
• Demonstrable use of SBDD to progress projects through the application of docking/modelling software. Proficient with PyMOL, Flare or similar modelling programs.
• Working in a fast-paced, virtual, “start-up” environment
• Experience of managing or performing Scale Up and CMC stages of drug development
- Personal Leadership:
- Collaborative and emotionally intelligent with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Takes initiative and responsibility for actions
- Team Focus:
- Superior communication abilities, including active listening
- Familiar and comfortable communicating with CROs in person, via face-to-face meetings, and remotely through videoconferences and emails.
- Ability to manage change as appropriate
- Delivery Excellence:
- Innovative and creative problem solver
- Demonstrates commitment to goals and a sense of urgency in fulfilling ambitious objectives
- Displays genuine respect for alternate views
- Adapts personal style to context
- Forward thinking and able to adjust plans/ priorities accordingly
In return we offer
- a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including pension and health insurance.
- remote working opportunities.
- the opportunity to work with a fun, dynamic and intellectually stimulating team.
Sitryx is committed to building a diverse workforce and recognises that diverse and inclusive teams build a strong and innovative culture.
To apply for this role, please send us your curriculum vitae and cover letter, providing a short description of your interest in and compatibility with the role through the portal on our website, by selecting “Apply for this role” at www.sitryx.com/careers/ quoting reference number 2021_10(C).
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case-by-case basis according to business needs and resources.
Sitryx Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies.