Sitryx Therapeutics Limited is an immunometabolism company focused on applying breaking science relating to the manipulation of metabolism and metabolic reprogramming to develop disease modifying therapeutics targeting:
- Immuno-oncology: limiting the growth of cancer cells by enhancing anti-cancer immune responses and/or regulating tumour metabolic activity
- Immuno-inflammation: switching immune cell activity from a pathogenic to a homeostatic state to treat inflammatory and autoimmune disorders
The Company is well funded through a $30 million Series A financing and a $60 million collaboration with Eli Lilly. It is therefore seeking to expand its research team so as to expedite its diverse, multi-project, portfolio of proprietary and partnered assets with a view to delivering groundbreaking medicines for inflammation and cancer.
We are seeking a scientist with the skills and experience to help further our understanding of how changes in cellular metabolism can be harnessed to bring therapeutic benefit in a drug discovery setting. You will work with a team to develop and implement robust cellular assays to interrogate key aspects of disease biology. The successful candidate will bring enthusiasm for metabolism and relevant experience in its application in discovering new medicines. The candidate will work as part of a team developing new assays that are used in the validation of new drug discovery targets and contribute to mechanism-of-action work for existing pipeline projects.
- Play a significant role in building the company’s expanding understanding of cellular metabolism and its role in diseases with unmet medical need.
- Independently, propose and implement experiments to test novel therapeutic hypotheses around the metabolic changes of targets in current pipeline projects and their phenotypic consequences as agreed by project teams.
- Analyse, interpret data, and put this into context of wider work being performed within the project and field/literature.
- Develop quantitative biochemical or cell- based assays in plate-based formats to understand the molecular interactions and behaviours of drug candidates.
- Performing experimental work for in-house target validation focused on metabolic modulation of immune cell function.
- Contributing to the design and implementation of innovative screening cascades for immunometabolism projects that build confidence and translation through to the clinic.
- A postgraduate with at least 3 years’ experience in cellular metabolism.
- A proven track record of successful contribution to scientific research.
- Expertise in developing and validating biochemical and/or cellular assays for monitoring the effects of small molecules on cellular metabolism.
- In vitro cell culture experience required.
- Knowledgeable in/deep understanding of metabolic pathways and how metabolic flux supports cellular function.
- Can-do attitude and team player with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with culturing and analysis of human primary immune cells in vitro.
- Experience working in small molecule drug discovery.
- Knowledge of a broad range of plate-based assays to assess cellular metabolism.
- Good understanding of laboratory HS&E regulations.
- Understanding of HTA requirements.
- Good interpersonal awareness.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly driven, takes initiative and responsibility for actions.
- Collaborative with effective communication skills, including active listening.
- Builds strong and effective relationships with internal and external teams.
- Actively seeks opportunities to contribute to work across the biology team
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver with good attention to detail.
- Demonstrates commitment to goals and a sense of urgency in fulfilling ambitious objectives.
- Generates and can follow robust processes.
- Ability to creatively apply a variety of scientific concepts to solve complex problems.
- Displays genuine respect for alternate views.
- Adapts communication style to context.
- Able to adjust plans/priorities as needed.
In return we offer
- a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including pension and health insurance.
- the opportunity to work with a fun, dynamic and intellectually stimulating team.
Sitryx is committed to building a diverse workforce and recognises that diverse and inclusive teams build a strong and innovative culture.
This is a predominantly a lab-based role working closely with an on-site team; with the potential for remote working in a flexible manner according to business needs.
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case-by-case basis according to business needs and resources.
Sitryx Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies.