Sitryx Therapeutics Limited is an immunometabolism company focused on applying ground-breaking science relating to the manipulation of metabolism and metabolic reprogramming to develop disease modifying therapeutics targeting:
- Immuno-inflammation: switching immune cell activity from a pathogenic to a homeostatic state to treat inflammatory and autoimmune disorders;
- Immuno-oncology: Modulating immune cell metabolic pathways to enhance anti-tumour immune responses.
The Company is well funded through $30 million Series A financing and a $60 million collaboration with Eli Lilly. It is therefore seeking to expand its research team so as to expedite its diverse, multi-project, portfolio of proprietary and partnered assets with a view to delivering groundbreaking medicines for inflammation and cancer.
Immunometabolism is an emerging area of research with exciting opportunities for drug discovery. We are seeking enthusiastic and talented individuals to contribute to the progression of current projects and identification of new targets in this field for Sitryx. The successful candidate will bring a passion for immunology and relevant experience in its application in discovering new medicines. The candidate will be part of a focussed team, working to develop and conduct assays that are to be used in the validation of new drug discovery targets and in supporting Sitryx’s pipeline projects.
- Perform experimental work for both in house projects and target validation, including generating novel hypotheses and designing experiments to validate targets for modulation of immune cell function.
- Utilizing knowledge to contribute to the identification, triage and development of multiple novel immunometabolism targets from various sources.
- Working closely with multi-disciplinary teammates to generate data to drive rapid decision making for in house programs.
- Analyze and interpret data, and put this into context of wider work being performed within the project and field/literature.
- Responsible for developing in vitro assays relevant to autoimmune, inflammatory or oncology diseases.
- PhD in immunology or related discipline, or Masters with 2-3 years post-graduate experience in immunology
- Highly experienced in in vitro immunology assays including isolating, differentiating, culturing and profiling T cell subsets or innate immune cells.
- Hands-on experience with standard immunological techniques including immunoassays, reporter assays and flow cytometry, including experience with the associated software packages and analysis tools (e.g. FlowJo) is required.
- Understanding of in vitro and in vivo models of immune-related diseases, and specifically translation between in vitro and in vivo studies
- Ability to creatively apply a variety of scientific concepts to solve complex problems
- Can-do attitude and team player with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Background in inflammatory or autoimmune diseases highly desirable, or background/understanding of immunometabolism/cellular metabolism
- Experience in validating basic concepts in immunology and translating to human disease and patient populations
- Experience with cell types of both innate and adaptive immune systems
- Research experience with culturing and analysis of both human and mouse immune cells in vitro
- Good understanding of laboratory HS&E regulations
- Emotionally intelligent with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Takes initiative and responsibility for actions.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Team Focus:
- Collaborative with excellent communication skills, including active listening.
- Builds strong and effective relationships with internal and external teams.
- Contributes productively to team objectives, supporting or leading activities as required to achieve shared goals.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Innovative and creative problem solver.
- Demonstrates commitment to goals and a sense of urgency in fulfilling ambitious objectives.
- Displays genuine respect for alternate views.
- Adapts personal style to a context, with experience of adapting to an audience.
- Forward thinking and able to adjust plans/ priorities accordingly.
The ideal candidate can demonstrate a track record of achievement, is well-organised and, enthusiastic about collaborative working in a fast-growing business, which offers opportunities to contribute across multiple workstreams, and thrives in a fast-paced collegial environment.
In return we offer
- a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including pension and health insurance.
- the opportunity to work with a fun, dynamic and intellectually stimulating team.
Sitryx is committed to building a diverse workforce and recognises that diverse and inclusive teams build a strong and innovative culture.
This is predominantly a lab-based role working closely with an on-site team; with the potential for remote working in a flexible manner according to business needs.
To apply for this role, please send us your curriculum vitae and cover letter, providing a short description of your interest in, and compatibility with, the role through the portal on our website, by selecting “Apply for this role” at www.sitryx.com/careers/, quoting reference number 2022_04(B)
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case-by-case basis according to business needs and resources.
Sitryx Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies.