Sitryx Therapeutics Limited is an immunometabolism company focused on applying breaking science relating to the manipulation of metabolism and metabolic reprogramming to develop disease modifying therapeutics targeting:
- Immuno-oncology: limiting the growth of cancer cells by enhancing anti-cancer immune responses and/or regulating tumour metabolic activity
- Immuno-inflammation: switching immune cell activity from a pathogenic to a homeostatic state to treat inflammatory and autoimmune disorders
The Company is well funded through a $30 million Series A financing and a $60 million collaboration with Eli Lilly. It is therefore seeking to expand its research team so as to expedite its diverse, multi-project, portfolio of proprietary and partnered assets with a view to delivering groundbreaking medicines for inflammation and cancer.
Immunometabolism is a highly complex field requiring the integration of data from multiple experimental systems to develop novel therapeutics in this area. To help support this, Sitryx is seeking an innovative data scientist to optimise and maximise the use of diverse datasets generated across Sitryx’s portfolio to deliver impactful insights around our targets and their mechanism of action in this exciting field.
The successful candidate will lead and champion the analysis of diverse datasets within the company and the communication of the findings to project teams. You will work closely with the Leadership team to build the future data analysis strategy for the organisation.
With a strong working knowledge of interrogating, and extracting decision making data from, datasets of varied scale and complexity, the role will involve helping the scientific team to make maximum use of these resources to provide novel insights into our projects. The candidate is expected to contribute to the identification of new targets and in building hypotheses to elucidate the mode of action of our more advanced projects to support clinical differentiation.
The role will also require the ability to work closely with our partners and collaborators to synergise with other informatics capabilities and expertise that they have.
- Leading the development of the data analysis strategy and capabilities for the company
- Ensuring optimal use of state-of-the-art data analysis platforms and solutions to support established projects and new targets efforts
- Oversight of data collection and management across Sitryx’s portfolio
- Building strong links to our partners and collaborators to leverage the maximise effect from our data
- Proven track record in managing and analysing datasets that impact strategic direction of project progression.
- Experience in delivering high quality solutions to enhance and accelerate research projects in an industry environment.
- Strong background in collaborative biomedical research combined with good understanding of available computational tools.
- Expert programmer in at least one programming language (such as R, Python, Perl) and familiar with software packages that support Data Science approaches to large dataset interrogation.
- Proven ability to identify novel insights from ‘omics datasets and related resources.
- Experience with using biomolecular network-based approaches to aid drug discovery or clinical biomarker development e.g., causal reasoning, pathway mapping and functional module detection.
- Experience of building and querying Knowledge Graph representations of biomedical data.
- Experience in guiding the design of experiments to generate interpretable and decision driving data.
- PhD in immunology, metabolism, cellular or computational science, or a higher degree with several years of working as a data scientist in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Small molecule drug discovery and development experience.
- Knowledge of relevant areas of biology such as metabolism, immunology and cancer biology.
- Experience with working collaboratively across organisations and managing their interactions to maximise benefit to the company.
- Emotionally intelligent with strong interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Takes initiative and responsibility for actions.
- A champion of good governance with an ethical and integrity-driven approach and objectivity.
- Passionate about continuous improvement.
- Collaborative with superior communication skills, including active listening.
- Builds strong and effective relationships with internal and external teams.
- Excellent organisational skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- Innovative, proactive and creative problem solver.
- Demonstrates commitment to goals and a sense of urgency in fulfilling ambitious objectives.
- Displays genuine respect for alternate views.
- Adapts personal style to context.
- Forward thinking and able to adjust plans/ priorities accordingly.
In return we offer
- a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including pension and health insurance.
- remote working opportunities.
- the opportunity to work with a fun, dynamic and intellectually stimulating team.
Sitryx is committed to building a diverse workforce and recognises that diverse and inclusive teams build a strong and innovative culture.
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case-by-case basis according to business needs and resources.
Sitryx Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies.