Sitryx Therapeutics Limited is an immunometabolism company focused on applying breaking science relating to the manipulation of metabolism and metabolic reprogramming to develop disease modifying therapeutics targeting:
- Immuno-oncology: limiting the growth of cancer cells by enhancing anti-cancer immune responses and/or regulating tumour metabolic activity
- Immuno-inflammation: switching immune cell activity from a pathogenic to a homeostatic state to treat inflammatory and autoimmune disorders
The Company is well funded through a $30 million Series A financing and a $60 million collaboration with Eli Lilly. It is therefore seeking to expand its research team so as to expedite its diverse, multi-project, portfolio of proprietary and partnered assets with a view to delivering groundbreaking medicines for inflammation and cancer.
Sitryx is looking to bring in an industry-experienced Computational Chemist with advanced knowledge of computational chemistry principles, concepts, and practices to work collaboratively with the five existing members of the Chemistry Department, all of whom are medicinal chemists, in order to drive small molecule immunometabolism drug discovery projects to successful conclusions.
- Shape computational chemistry strategy at Sitryx through own analyses and interactions with collaborators.
- Apply computational chemistry and molecular modelling techniques and software applications to drive drug design and development projects forward.
- Assist medicinal chemistry teams with compound prioritisation and molecular design.
- Communicate the results of modelling studies effectively to non-expert drug discoverers at Sitryx and to colleagues at partners.
- Work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team environment to enable successful hit-to-lead and lead optimisation campaigns through outstanding molecular design guided by computational chemistry techniques.
- Determine the druggability of potential new targets and carry out virtual screens as appropriate.
- Promote and evaluate new computational methods and technologies for use in drug discovery projects.
- Work independently, with minimal supervision, and make decisions that may require developing new options to solve complex drug discovery problems.
- Ph.D. in Computational Chemistry or related discipline.
- Strong track record of delivery and at least 10 years’ experience working in a drug discovery environment.
- Expert level experience with a wide range of state-of-the-art computational tools and approaches including ligand and structure-based techniques, in silico screening, molecular dynamics, free energy perturbation methods and QSAR predictions/model development and deployment.
- Excellent communicator with a strong grasp of drug discovery, bio-organic and medicinal chemistry concepts.
- Knowledge of scripting and programming languages commonly employed in scientific applications
- Experience across all stages of the drug discovery process from hit ID through to candidate nomination
- Strong publication record in peer-reviewed journals and presentations at scientific conferences
- Working in a fast-paced, virtual, “start-up” environment
- Collaborative and emotionally intelligent with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Takes initiative and responsibility for actions
- Superior communication abilities, including active listening
- Familiar and comfortable communicating with CROs in person, via face-to-face meetings, and remotely through videoconferences and emails.
- Ability to manage change and provide motivational support / development of others as appropriate
- Innovative and creative problem solver
- Demonstrates commitment to goals and a sense of urgency in fulfilling ambitious objectives
- Displays genuine respect for alternate views
- Adapts personal style to context
- Forward thinking and able to adjust plans/ priorities accordingly
In return we offer
- a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including pension and health insurance.
- remote working opportunities.
- the opportunity to work with a fun, dynamic and intellectually stimulating team.
Sitryx is committed to building a diverse workforce and recognises that diverse and inclusive teams build a strong and innovative culture.
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case-by-case basis according to business needs and resources.
Sitryx Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies.