Sitryx Therapeutics Limited is an immunometabolism company focused on applying breaking science relating to the manipulation of metabolism and metabolic reprogramming to develop disease modifying therapeutics targeting:
- Immuno-oncology: limiting the growth of cancer cells by enhancing anti-cancer immune responses and/or regulating tumour metabolic activity
- Immuno-inflammation: switching immune cell activity from a pathogenic to a homeostatic state to treat inflammatory and autoimmune disorders
The Company is well funded through a $30 million Series A financing and a $60 million collaboration with Eli Lilly. It is therefore seeking to expand its research team so as to expedite its diverse, multi-project, portfolio of proprietary and partnered assets with a view to delivering groundbreaking medicines for inflammation and cancer.
A skilled industrial scientist with a deep understanding of human immunology and experience in testing hypotheses to further drug discovery. A laboratory-based scientist able to develop and implement robust assays that recapitulate key aspects of disease biology. The candidate will work as part of a team growing their skills in developing new assays for validation of new drug discovery targets and contribute to mechanism-of-action work for existing pipeline projects.
- Lead on the design, execution and interpretation of mechanism of action studies to drive our understanding of in vitro to in vivo translation for our drug discovery programmes.
- Propose, design and implement innovative screening cascades for immunometabolism projects.
- Guide project teams to identify biomarkers, MOA studies and in vitro to in vivo translational models to support progression of novel drug discovery projects.
- Enhance our understanding of the immune processes at play in disease models.
- A PhD qualified scientist with at least 5 years industrial experience in immunology.
- A proven track record of successful contribution to drug discovery.
- Experience of leading or co-leading drug discovery projects.
- Highly experienced in in vitro assays including isolating, differentiating, culturing, and profiling human primary cells. Experience with cell types of both innate and/or adaptive immune systems.
- Hands-on experience with standard immunological techniques including immunoassays and flow cytometry, and experience with the associated software packages and analysis tools (e.g., FlowJo) is required.
- Selection of clinical indication through use of translational data.
- Expertise in testing small molecules in immunological assays to understand their pharmacology and mechanism of action.
- Can-do attitude and team player with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Can work effectively with academic and contract research laboratories.
- Actively networks to identify new opportunities.
- Developed biological rationale for an immunological target, differentiating it from competitors.
- Knowledge of plate-based assays and laboratory automation.
- Knowledge of industry standard data capture and analysis tools.
- Good understanding of laboratory HS&E regulations.
- Understanding of HTA requirements.
- Good interpersonal awareness.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Highly driven, takes initiative and responsibility for actions.
- Collaborative with effective communication skills, including active listening.
- Experience of leading people.
- Builds strong and effective relationships with internal and external teams.
- Actively seeks opportunities to contribute to work across the biology team.
- Strong analytical thinker and problem solver with good attention to detail.
- Demonstrates commitment to goals and a sense of urgency in fulfilling ambitious objectives.
- Ability to creatively apply a variety of scientific concepts to solve complex problems.
- Generates and can follow robust processes.
- Displays genuine respect for alternate views.
- Adapts communication style to context.
- Able to adjust plans/priorities as needed.
In return we offer
- a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including pension and health insurance.
- the opportunity to work with a fun, dynamic and intellectually stimulating team.
Sitryx is committed to building a diverse workforce and recognises that diverse and inclusive teams build a strong and innovative culture.
This is a predominantly a lab-based role working closely with an on-site team; with the potential for remote working in a flexible manner according to business needs.
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case-by-case basis according to business needs and resources.
Sitryx Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies.