Sitryx Therapeutics Limited is an immunometabolism company focused on applying breaking science relating to the manipulation of metabolism and metabolic reprogramming to develop disease modifying therapeutics targeting:
- Immuno-oncology: limiting the growth of cancer cells by enhancing anti-cancer immune responses and/or regulating tumour metabolic activity
- Immuno-inflammation: switching immune cell activity from a pathogenic to a homeostatic state to treat inflammatory and autoimmune disorders
The Company is well funded through a $30 million Series A financing and a $60 million collaboration with Eli Lilly. It is therefore seeking to expand its research team so as to expedite its diverse, multi-project, portfolio of proprietary and partnered assets with a view to delivering groundbreaking medicines for inflammation and cancer.
Immunometabolism is an emerging area of research with exciting opportunities for drug discovery. We are seeking enthusiastic and talented individuals to contribute to the identification of new targets in this field for Sitryx. The successful candidate will bring a passion for immunology and relevant experience in its application in discovering new medicines. The candidate will be part of a focussed team, working to identify, validate and develop new therapeutic targets, the team’s focus on delivery will drive quick decision making and rapid inclusion of high-quality targets to the Sitryx pipeline. The candidate will also assist in developing new assays that are to be used in the validation of new drug discovery targets and in supporting Sitryx’s pipeline projects.
- Utilising knowledge to contribute to the identification and development of a number of novel immunometabolism targets
- Play a significant role in the New Targets team, working closely with multi-disciplinary teammates to identify and validate exciting novel targets.
- Perform experimental work for in-house target validation, including generating novel hypotheses and designing experiments to validate targets for modulation of immune cell function.
- Analyse and interpret data, and put this into context of wider work being performed within the project and field/literature.
- Responsible for developing in vitro assays relevant to autoimmune, inflammatory or oncology diseases.
- PhD in immunology or related discipline, or postgraduate qualification with at least 3 years’ experience in immunology.
- Highly experienced in in vitro immunology assays including isolating, differentiating, culturing and profiling human adaptive or innate immune cells.
- Hands-on experience with standard immunological techniques including immunoassays and flow cytometry, including experience with the associated software packages and analysis tools (e.g. FlowJo) is required.
- Ability to creatively apply a variety of scientific concepts to solve complex problems
- Can-do attitude and team player with strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Background in inflammatory or autoimmune diseases highly desirable, or background/understanding of immunometabolism/cellular metabolism
- Experience in validating basic concepts in immunology and translating to human disease and patient populations
- Experience working in small molecule drug discovery
- Good understanding of laboratory HS&E regulations
- Understanding of HTA requirements
In return we offer
- a competitive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package including pension and health insurance.
- the opportunity to work with a fun, dynamic and intellectually stimulating team.
Sitryx is committed to building a diverse workforce and recognises that diverse and inclusive teams build a strong and innovative culture.
This is a predominantly a lab-based role working closely with an on-site team; with the potential for remote working in a flexible manner according to business needs.
Visas for those who do not already have the right to work in the UK will be considered on a case-by-case basis according to business needs and resources.
Sitryx Therapeutics does not accept unsolicited CVs from agencies.