Jonathan Powell is currently the head of oncology for Calico. Previously he was Professor of Oncology and Associate Director at the Bloomberg-Kimmel Institute for Cancer Immunotherapy at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Oncology. Jonathan’s research interests are in cancer immunotherapy, immune and cancer metabolism. Jonathan is one of the scientific founders of Dracen Pharmaceuticals. Jonathan received his PhD in Immunology from Emory University School of Medicine and completed his residency at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
- Targeting T cell metabolism to regulate T cell activation, differentiation and function in disease. Current Opinion in Immunology (2017), 46, 82-88.
- Sugar, fat, and protein: new insights into what T cells crave. Current Opinion in Immunology (2015), 33, 49-54.
- mTOR complex 1 signaling regulates the generation and function of central and effector Foxp3+ regulatory T cells. Journal of Immunology (2018), 201(2), 481-492.
- Targeting metabolism as a novel therapeutic approach to autoimmunity, inflammation, and transplantation. Journal of Immunology (2017), 198(3), 999-1005.
- Hunger pains: Stimulating the appetite of the immune system for cancer. Cancer Cell (2016), 30(1), 13-15.