Paul Peter Tak is one of the co-founders of Sitryx Therapeutics and serves on its Board as Independent Director. He is also the President and CEO of Candel Therapeutics and Board Director of Levicept and Citryll.Paul Peter received his medical degree cum laude from the Free University in Amsterdam and trained as an internist, rheumatologist and immunologist at Leiden University Medical Center, where he also received his PhD. He has been Clinical Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of California San Diego. Next, he served as Professor of Medicine and founding Chair of the Department of Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology at the Academic Medical Centre/University of Amsterdam (AMC).
He has published extensively in peer-reviewed journals (> 570 publications, H-index 135, ~80,000 citations) and received numerous awards. He has been elected Fellow of the Academy of Medical Sciences.
At GlaxoSmithKline he served as Senior Vice President, Chief Immunology Officer, and Global Development Leader. As global head of a cluster of Therapy Areas, he oversaw the creation of a portfolio of new therapies for immune-mediated inflammatory diseases, cancer, and infectious disease. He was also the Chair of GSK’s Scientific Review Board. Paul Peter served as venture partner at Flagship Pioneering, President and CEO of Kintai Therapeutics, and President and CEO of Tempero Pharmaceuticals. He was also Board Director of Galvani Bioelectronics, ViiV Healthcare, and Omega Therapeutics.
- Rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory articular diseases. Inflammation (2017), 3, 1105-1140.
- The prolactin receptor is expressed in rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis synovial tissue and contributes to macrophage activation. Rheumatology (2016), 55(12), 2248-2259.
- Hormone, metabolic peptide, and nutrient levels in the earliest phases of rheumatoid arthritis-contribution of free fatty acids to an increased cardiovascular risk during very early disease. Clinical Rheumatology (2017), 36(2), 269-278.
- Anti-colony-stimulating factor therapies for inflammatory and autoimmune diseases. Nature Reviews Drug Discovery (2017), 16(1), 53-70.
- Balancing the autonomic nervous system to reduce inflammation in rheumatoid arthritis. Journal of Internal Medicine (2017), 282(1), 64-75.